Saturday, June 26, 2010

2007 Burning Dreams

A friend of mine used to tell me about how he wanted to kill himself. He knew where to get the rifle in the attic, or he could leave the gas on and wait for an explosion.

I kind of wish he did sometimes. Not for his harm, but to watch what happens afterward. If I could go back in time, I would tell him to do it right then and there. I would stand on the front lawn and watch his house burn in the night.

Standing on the lawn, watching all these possessions, this life of interior design and expensive dinnerware. The family would burn. I wouldn't know what would happen to my life, but I don't think my life would be important in that situation.

The image is so beautiful in my head, the moon would shine like it always has. His house always had clear nights, where I would spend the night and stare at the moon. Isolated among relatives. The beds were uncomfortable, the climate never helped, but the moon was always glowing.

I would stand with two feet planted on the lawn of this disgusting house. I would watch the wind blow the flames to the sides. I wouldn't yell fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment