Monday, May 3, 2010

Dear Kinesiology Partner

This is outdated, I have been talking to my partner and getting to know her! How glorious! This is just an observation I had at the beginning of this month.

I don't think you'll ever read this, and that makes me smile.

I adore you. I really do. You have a distinct voice and non-incredibly dark or morbid sense of humor (like myself).

You also dress well. I don't. I just wear whatever I want.

I like how you did all the work, and although that's stupid to admit, I'm proud of you.

I absolutely love how we have nothing in common. It makes things so much easier.

Since I've walked along side you, I've always wanted to say "See you tomorrow!" but I never get the chance.

I love how I pass by you in school and you just look straight ahead and walk fast. I admire that determination.

Also, good luck with your rehab in soccer, I hope it's not too stressful, sports are pretty hard, and destroying your knee didn't help.

I remember that night, it was the first late night of the school newspaper, and someone mentioned how an ambulance arrived.

I loved how you told the story in great detail, and how you talked about the crepitus and the horrible pain you went through. I thought it was nice how much fun you had, disgusting the boderline indifferent class.

Thank you for offering to let me copy your notes today, that's really nice of you, thank you for noticing.

Just recently I noticed you stopped taking the elevator, I'm glad you can use stairs again.

One day I noticed that you have contact lenses, I do too! What fun.

You have really nice hair, it's long and pretty.

I remember how in the first quarter, you would always try to make eye contact with me when talking to my kinesiology partner then. That made me feel important.

I also enjoyed that story about when you had an FRQ (whatever that means) in your AP Euro class, and how you referenced a Metallica song, and the teacher gave you full credit. I don't really like Metallica anymore, or at all to begin with, but, I did like metal.

I like your organization skills, they're similar to mine. It's usually 'cram everything into a binder.'

I noticed you have AP Psych(o), and I'm pretty insane, so, please, let's hang out at the park and you can evaluate the horrible, horrible mental disorders I'm probably suffering from.

I like how our teacher says "Put all your work away and pay attention to the movie (Peaceful Warrior)" and often times you just do your AP homework or read from the required book you were assigned. You're quite the rebel.

I like how you don't have a facebook profile. I would love to 'creep' on you, but I this is pretty creepy too.

I find it sweet that you get confused by Hemingway's simplicity. I've never really read Hemingway, so I wouldn't know, but I like how you summarize The Sun Also Rises, about two homosexual men and some sort of war.

At the ridiculously boring Kinesiology tournament we went to, I waved at you for some reason, and you looked really happy when you waved back, but then I felt like a total dumbass because I was walking the wrong way. I enjoyed sitting next to you while watching the guy talk about how he helped that Laker to achieve his goals.

If you ever read this, I hope you understand how much I appreciate the incredibly small amount of how much I know you.

I hardly know you, though, and if I never knew you, that would be fine, we're all just going to die anyway, and you were one of those few people in school that I didn't hate.

Hail Satan,
Meidinger

No comments:

Post a Comment