Monday, July 5, 2010

Oilright is my new catchphrase

Oilright is a combination of Oi! punks, the oil spill and alright. You know, the Skinheads (against racism). There's more than one type of skinhead. In fact, the first ones were black, back in the 60's. The black and white skinheads beat up on the Southern Asian immigrants.

Did you know that?

Today, Oi! punks and 'non-aligned' members of the working class.

So, in honor of the BP Oil Spill (because drilling for oil is solely Britain's fault), I took out the 'a' and put in the 'oi!'

Life is oilright. Oi!right.

There's this void.

For the past few days, I wake up at 12, and start my day at 8pm-9pm. I have come to understand how there is nothing to do in this town. It must be cabin fever.

There is so little to do that I am actually cleaning my room. Tomorrow I'll do laundry. Isn't that bizarre?

There is so little to do that I have been spending time thinking about lyrics and chords for folk songs.

I can read a book and stop reading on my own leisure, without interruption.

The only consistency in my life is depression and the ability to recover quickly from it. It's quite boring. I'll start listening to blues.


I'll close this post with This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb's Depression.


When you have nothing, you haven't even hope to spare
You're exactly where you want to be
You wouldn't have it any other way
Any other way would be complication
Depression ain't so bad

Makes you wish you'd never been born, but you always jump right back

Now I've been on top of the world, and I've been stuck at the bottom
I have kicked and I've crawled, tried to get my way back up
But there's nothing wrong with a break before you get back up
Depression ain't so bad
Look at all the good its done Robert Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment